I found this interesting article, written by Brandon Gaille, a small business marketing specialist, and I just had to share.
The world is filled with people that have influenced today’s society in a variety of ways. From Henry Ford who made significant updates to what we now know as cars to Drew Houston who created a great online service that changes the way we collaborate with our teams. Below are some of the most prevalent quotes that are remembered from influential personalities.
1) Chris Gardner (Founder of Gardner Rich & Co.) “Don’t ever let someone tell you you can’t do something. Not even me.”
This quote can be taken quite literally as every individual person has the right to have their own ideas and goals and to not be told that they can’t achieve what they want to achieve.
2) Coco Chanel (Founder, Chanel) “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”
Pushing yourself to achieve more than what you had ever imagined meanwhile believing that your plans are going to work helps you to experience less failure than ever before.
3) Bill Gates (Founder, Microsoft) “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
4) Charles Wilson (CEO, General Motors) “There is no royal road; you’ve got to work a good deal harder than most people want to work.”
This is an essential piece of advice to take note of, as the people who put more time and effort into their tasks always come out on top.
5) Charles Darwin (Naturalist) “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.”
6) Colonel Sanders (Founder, KFC) “There’s no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can’t do any business there.”
7) Daniel Ek (Founder, Spotify) “I’m not an inventor. I just want to make things better.”
8) Dr. Dre (Founder, Aftermath Ent. and Beats) “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn’t come along all the time.”
9) Angela Ahrendts (Senior Vice President, Apple) “Everyone talks about building a relationship with your customer. I think you build one with your employees first.”
10) Fred Smith (Founder, FedEx Corporation) “I’m not afraid to take a swing and miss.”
11) George Lucas (Founder, Lucasfilm Ltd.) “Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.”
12) Gordon Ramsay (Chef & Restauranteur) “The minute you start compromising for the sake of massaging somebody’s ego, that’s it, game over.”
13) Jamie Oliver (Chef & Restauranteur) “In England, you’re allowed to have an opinion – as long as it comes out of your mouth.”
14) J.K. Rowling (Author) “The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.”
15) Jack Dorsey (Co-founder, Twitter) “Make every detail perfect, and limit the number of details to perfect.”
The main aspects that you can take away from these inspirational quotes is that it’s never appropriate to ever give up and that change is something that the world needs. The more you press towards your final goal, the more successful you will surely become.